Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I LOVE RECYCLING

One of my goals this year is to clear the WIP backload.  I think that includes the masses of things I need to fix (or discard) and today I started to work on just that.

A couple of rag bag discards (with a little snip here and there to remove a particularly pretty embroidered piece), a few items pinned in preparation for a day with the sewing machine and things are already looking good.  But the best thing for me has been the recycling of clothing. 

Most of what we (the kids and I) wear these days are op shop bargains and I'm always pleased with the cute clothes that other people donate.  Today I added a bit of felt patches to a pair of stockings I'd previously upcycled to leggings - stretches their life out even longer.




This pair just need the cuffs prettified to complete them.





And the one I'm really pleased with, and which Zoe LOVES - The Skirt.  That unfortunately had three wear tears in it that I hadn't noticed in the Op Shop (It's destined to be transformed into a cool cap in it's next life).



The best part was that the embellishments all came out of stash!

1 comment: