Tuesday, August 16, 2011

43 Things To Do Before I Turn 43

(yeah I checked I'm only 42 - whew!)
(if anyone reads this blog you may want to miss reading this post - lengthy and a bit boring really!)

Well it's a day late but nonetheless I am now accountable to this blog for the items on my list.
1. Finish AT LEAST one knitted item OTHER THAN gloves or a hat for myself - ie something significant like a shawl or a jumper.

2. Get our debt down to a level that isn't scary and can be easily accomodated by our income so that I'm not having to work day and night.

3. Declutter Kids Outgrown Clothing.

4. Declutter all unecesary baby things
5. Reduce some of the big outdoor toys.

Eliminate the Craft Clutter
6. Declutter Fabrics

7. Declutter Yarns

8. Declutter other craft materials
9. Declutter WIP projects.

10. Reorganise the office

11. Paperwork Declutter

12. Kids Art storage - scan, print and file.

13. Establish a Routine

14. Ride My Horses
15. Establish a productive all year round vege garden.
16. Write - keep a journal with entries at least once a week outlining possible stories/articles. 

17. Publish at least 4 items.
18. Investigate and start a journalism course.
19. Put yourself out there - a hard one to measure outcomes but essentially it's about stepping out of my comfort zone - ie starting up a conversation with someone I don't know.  I need to do this in every situation I come across, it's the only way I can improve my interview skills.
20. Create more patterns for my Felt shop - will contribute greatly to the decluttering of my craft studio if I use up materials to create the patterns.
21. Create actual items to sell in my Felt shop.  I have SO many ideas for this, and fabrics collected for that purpose but I need to forge ahead with it.
22.  Do something different with my kids once a week - anything at all, reading to them by the pond, hopscotch on the deck.  This is on top of the normal homework, bedtime reading, baking etc - and it HAS to be completely with them and not while I'm doing anything else.
23. Decorate Logan's Room
24. Get Zoe back up to her own room by making it a place she feels happy in.
25.  Lose weight and get fit.
26. Decorate the lounge (ie paint the drawn on walls, add cushions, lampshades, curtains etc.
27. Photograph Project.  This one sort of comes under the de-clutter side of things
28. Video Project
29.Establish an accounts routine.
30. Make half a dozen summery skorts for Zoe for school
31. Make half a dozen Kindy pants for Logan for winter 2012.
32. Knit summer tops for Zoes Christmas Present.

33. Knit/sew Christmas presents for Kindy teachers.
34. Pinterest - Love this website and am currently working on moving all of my bookmarked pages onto it.  Nothing better than to be able to store things off the limited computer space.
35. Decorate our bedroom
36. Knit something substantial for Himself
37. Knit socks for Logan for Winter

38. Knit a pair of socks for Himself
39. Decorate the playroom including a crocheted rag rug.
40. Knitting for G&S's new baby

41. Knit/sew Christmas presents for school.


42. 24 Days of Christmas Ornaments

43. Complete one Instant Gratification Projects from Ravelry a month.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I made a 100 before 25 list, but I think it was a little overly-ambitious! lol Good luck accomplishing everything!

    - Lindsay

    ReplyDelete